Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gluten-Free on Etsy.com

Have you discovered Etsy.com? I sure hope so. I love that website. Etsy is similar to an ebay for handmade items. This ranges from woodworking, to hairbows, to pottery, to...Food! I've been a regular buyer to etsy.com for a couple of years, but have been afraid of their food section...until now. I still am a bit nervous, since I don't know what restrictions etsy places on food. But if you browse, you will see that some do come from dedicated licensed bakers. Also, you can email the baker, to ask any questions and make sure you are comfortable with their practices. I'm not gluten-free, but I thought I'd share some of the gluten-free items I've found. Homemade Chocolate Marshmallows from JakeBakes, whose treats are always gluten/wheat free, egg free, dairy free, peanut free, tree nut free and are handcrafted in a dedicated allergen free bakery. They are also currently stocked with Strawberry Marshmallows, Cookies, Caramel Corn & Granola.
Gluten-Free Donut Holes from Glutenada - Tell me these don't look delicious?!? My son isn't gluten-free, but has never had a donut. Maybe today is our day? Glutenada also has cupcakes, cookies, all-purpose fry mix, cupcakes & pancake mix.
Nature Dough from CreativeDooer, a gluten-free play-doh alternative.

For more allergen-free treats, type in keywords, such as "gluten-free", "vegan", or "food allergy" into the search box of etsy.com.

1 comment: